Re: Anyone else having on and off problems with netscape.

  • From: Rick Irving
  • Date: Fri May 19 17:29:16 2000

> Yes. Service loads, but it's REALLY slow.  But I don't think I would
> classify it as a DNS problem.

  I would.  :\

> Using Dig: (What're you doing using NSlookup?! Shame on you! Plech!)

  Heh. Would you feel better if I told you I started with
a SIGINT to named, and a grep'd through the output  ?

 :}

  However, I found the multiple response back from a single nslookup
query interesting.....

 :O

> [[email protected] pbarber]$ dig home.netscape.com a
> ; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> home.netscape.com a
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> home.netscape.com. 1m43s IN CNAME www-jp.netscape.com.
> www-jp.netscape.com. 16m55s IN A 64.236.8.10
> [snip]

  Actually, one might note that this appears to be leaking
in via central B'cast/UDP regions along the NAP's....

  Someone Colo a Japanese nameserver in JAM Space , or optionally,
a Japanese Root mirror ? At least one possible hypothesis ......

  BTW: About a week here, as well... (not years, for -us- anyway)