Re: BGP filtering of supernets out of classful space

  • From: Danny McPherson
  • Date: Fri May 19 12:50:31 2000

> I'd like to see sites which filter provide a looking glass or similar so
> that other providers can quickly and efficiently debug routing issues,
> and also some known place where those providers doing filtering can be
> listed, along with test hosts which can be traced to for testing whether
> there are routing problems or not.
>
> Several folks will tell me I'm dreaming (or smoking something), no
> doubt.

Well, not in so many words, but..

The problem is that while the engineering folks would
(perhaps) like to make this information widely available,
the marketing, business and sales folks often cringe at
the thought of making internal information of this sort
public.  After all, it could easily be used to compile
competitive information, among other interesting things.

-danny