Re: Class B address routing

  • From: Kenji Anzai
  • Date: Thu May 18 19:40:21 2000

Hi, All.

Thanks for all your replay to help us out.
They were really helpful.

However, let me add some mor info for this question.

1. We have 2 routers at each POP, and own AS number.
2. The routers use EBGP, and use IBGP between the routers at each POP
(not between POP).
3. 2 POP are located at different location.
4. We use same data center company's data center, so our network is
under the company's network.
5. The data center won't aggrigate our netowrk as /16.

After I read all your response, How could we annouce /16 and /17 from
the same router using BGP ?

Regards,

Kenji

On Thu, 18 May 2000 14:04:15 -0400
Kenji Anzai <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi, All.
>
> I'm having problem with our class B address.  Last month, we tested our class B address.  We announce the address as 2 x /17 from 2 different POP under the same ISP's data center.  However, some ISP do NOT accept our route since the address belongs to traditional Class B address, and they told me that they only accept if we announce it as /16. (They filtered out our route…..)
>
> I talked to some people, they suggested me that we need to announce the block as /16 from both POP, even though we only like to announce /17 from each POP (Front /17 from one POP, the other /17 from another POP.).
>
> How could we do so ?  Please help us.
>
> |--------- |
> | POP A    |
> | /17      |------|