Class B address routing

  • From: Kenji Anzai
  • Date: Thu May 18 17:06:27 2000

Hi, All.

I'm having problem with our class B address.  Last month, we tested our class B address.  We announce the address as 2 x /17 from 2 different POP under the same ISP's data center.  However, some ISP do NOT accept our route since the address belongs to traditional Class B address, and they told me that they only accept if we announce it as /16. (They filtered out our route…..)

I talked to some people, they suggested me that we need to announce the block as /16 from both POP, even though we only like to announce /17 from each POP (Front /17 from one POP, the other /17 from another POP.).

How could we do so ?  Please help us.

|--------- |
| POP A    |
                  |-----| ISP C  |-- Internet---X----ISP D