Re: Optical Crossconnects and IP

  • From: Fletcher E Kittredge
  • Date: Sun May 14 13:50:38 2000

On Thu, 11 May 2000 11:36:23 -0700  Bora Akyol wrote:

> There is a paper from INFOCOM or SIGCOMM (I am not sure) on the modification of
> OSPF metrics for TE which formalizes what some ISPs have been doing for a
> while. This paper is somewhat interesting in the fact, it also is a human
> intervention method but does not involve MPLS at all. The paper's title is
> "Internet Traffic Engineering by optimizing OSPF Weights" by Fortz and Thorup.

I found the article by just searching for the title on
http://www.google.com.  The URL I found,

http://smg.ulb.ac.be/Preprints/Fortz99_29.html

mentions it was in Infocon 2000...

And oh, yes,  most definitely worth the read.

Has anyone started to apply these techiques to networks other than
AT&Ts?  If so, results?

thanks,
fletcher