RE: Please Format Your Posts

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Sun May 14 13:08:05 2000

On Sun, 14 May 2000, Roeland Meyer (E-mail) wrote:

> 1) some of us use mailers that won't let us change that easily.
> 2) but, then those same mailers expect to be talking to updated
> mailers on the other end.

There are plenty of updated mailers that run in a term session...

> Come ON guys! Use Netscape, under an X session. Do I have to stay
> stuck in PINE just because of a few old troglodytes? I already have HTML
> and RTF turned off.

Yes!  I don't know anyone that can blow through mailing list chaff quickly
in any of the GUI-fied mailers.  I like to read/compose mail without ever
taking my hands off the keyboard...  I don't want my mailboxes spread over
16 machines for the next person to peek at, and we don't run an IMAP
MTA yet...  You know, I can even click on web links in my crunchy old
mailer?  I don't even have to see the ads (hello lynx!).  If I so desired,
I could have Netscape fire up for this purpose as well.

> As soon as I find the wrap switch, I'll hit it.

Edit->Prefs->mail&news->messages->"wrap outgoing, plain text messages at X
chars"

Not to start a religious war, but I really must say every GUI MUA I've
ever touched is bloated, clunky, non-intuitive, slow, and mouse-click
heavy. :)

Charles