Re: Please Format Your Posts

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Sun May 14 12:29:20 2000

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 12:17:26PM -0400, Jim Mercer wrote:

> On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 08:58:48AM -0700, Roeland Meyer (E-mail) wrote:
> > Come ON guys! Use Netscape, under an X session.
>
> you gotta be kidding.
>
> > Do I have to stay stuck in PINE just because of a few old troglodytes?
>
> yes.

	no.

	you can use mutt, or some other mailer too.

	The problem becomes this:

	Some of us read our e-mail in very diverse locations.  From a windows
machine one day, an X term the next, and then via the ssh client on a cisco
at a POP the next.

	It's just polite to format your messages such that they will fit
on a 80x24 screen with a fixed font size.  I know people who prefer
outlook (why, i don't know), or netscape, or many other mailers.

	If everyone would do the nice thing and format your messages,
it would be appreciated.

	- Jared

END OF LINE  |