OT: How to value a domain (not for sale)

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Thu May 11 09:14:44 2000

As part of a business planning exercise, I need to put a rough value on the
intagible asset "knowledge.com". It is NOT currently for sale, please don't
ask.

I was hoping that some kind folks could point me in the direction of any
evidence of domain name sales or similar that would at least help guestimate
a nominal value. Anecdotal (sp?) eveidence of business.com and
wallstreet.com on this list in the past helps, but if there is anything more
concrete, I would greatly appreciate it.

I will be happy to summarise to the list if anyone provides public
information that I can republish.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy