Re: Anybody patching Sendmail to filter _attachments_?

  • From: Alberto Begliomini
  • Date: Tue May 09 02:55:34 2000

Look at http://www.decros.cz/~reho/check_virus. This is patch, written
by Petr Rehor, that allows to invoke a antivirus software from inside
Sendmail . It is a great solution and I have been using it for several
months with several of my customers. Suffice to say, those of my
customers which run Sendmail with Petr's patch have experienced very
little impact during the recent virus attack. The only thing that the
patch doesn't do is to handle MIME attachements, and therefore I wrote
a wrapper (ftp.coldstone.com), that is less than suboptimal (but works),
to extract the attachement first then feed it to one or more antivirus
software (e.g. McAfee, TrenMicro, etc.)

-Alberto

--
Alberto U. Begliomini                            Email: [email protected]
Coldstone Consulting, LLC                        Phone: 650-400-3990