Re: Virus Update

  • From: Dean Robb
  • Date: Tue May 09 00:36:05 2000

At 06:56 PM 5/4/00 -0400, David Charlap wrote:

>One of them (I think Outlook) can also auto-launch attachments when the
>message is selected (and displayed in the preview window) and not even
>opened.  This is a _BIG_ security hole that Microsoft has not fixed,
>despite other virusses (like Melissa) which have already taken advantage
>of it.

There are instructions for disabling ActiveScripting in Outlook on the MS
website.  It's enabled by default. That'll stop the attachements from being
auto-executed.  Remember, according to their TV ads, MS exists to help the
consumer!

"Microsoft is not a monopoly!" - Bill Gates   "HA!" - Judge Jackson

Dean Robb
Owner, PC-EASY
(757) 495-EASY [3279]
On-site computer services