Re: Anybody patching Sendmail to filter _attachments_?

  • From: Andrew Brown
  • Date: Mon May 08 17:40:19 2000

>> The problem with the new filter API (thanks for leting me know about
>> this guys) is that it requires a full-scale sendmail (to 8.10) upgrade
>> for most of us.
>
>I realize that changing anything in many shops may require approval by a
>committee, but allow me to recommend this upgrade.
>
>We like 8.10 here. Compiles cleanly, and has substantially improved
>feature set. Even compiling the .mc to .cf is much easier now.

i like 8.10 very also.  the filter stuff is a little young though...
you have to build sendmail (or rebuild, if you've already built it)
with _FFR_MILTER defined, among other things...like the usual dearth
of documentation for new features that aren't really "released".  :)

it also requires threads.  not something i've got very much practical
experience with...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
[email protected]             * "ah!  i see you have the internet