Re: Anybody patching Sendmail to filter _attachments_?

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Mon May 08 14:59:09 2000

"Roeland Meyer (E-mail)" wrote:

> Granted, I am not a sendmail.cf guru, I don't see anyway for sendmail to >detect attachement, let alone their names. I only see header stuff as >available for tinkering.

sendmail 8.10.x has an API and filter library which permits filtering of
messages as they pass through the sendmail MTA. Implementing a filter
package which implements excision of .vbs files from messages certainly
seems like a good use for this facility.

Daniel Senie                                        [email protected]
Amaranth Networks Inc.                    http://www.amaranth.com