Re: Anybody patching Sendmail to filter _attachments_?

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Mon May 08 14:22:53 2000

On 05/08/00, Bill Woodcock <[email protected]> wrote:

> ...as opposed to just by subject line?  We're getting a lot of requests
> from customers that we MX for to just throw away either all attachments or
> any .vbs visual basic attachments.  Obviously the Sendmail-Inc.-approved
> fix is subject-line based, which doesn't take care of that.
>
> Anybody else working on this already?

	I've seen a fix for exim (check the exim-users archives), but
	haven't seen anyone try to adapt it to sendmail yet.  I think
	maybe the new filter API might come in handy here.

--
J.D. Falk                                             "Laughter is the sound
Product Manager                          that knowledge makes when it's born."