Re: Alert timeline for Love Bug

  • From: Simon Lockhart
  • Date: Sun May 07 06:07:46 2000

>Although there may be some "private" alerts earlier, I don't have
>a good way to find out their timestamps.  I've tried to normalize
>all times to UTC.
>
>4-May-2000 10:17 UTC NANOG posting

I guess that's mine, looking at the timestamp on the email I sent :)

My source was actually a report of the virus from the BBC's internal email
team, which was posted at 10:08 UTC. The report claims that the first
occurrence within the BBC was at about 09:00 UTC.

I'll forward the report to Sean privately for his information...

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart                       |   Tel: +44 (0)1737 839676
Internet Engineering Manager         |   Fax: +44 (0)1737 839516