Re: How long before NIPC decides we need one of these?

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Sun Apr 30 22:50:25 2000

Sounds like the UK is even more overdue for civil unrest/war than the US
is.  Haven't the idiots in government ever seen 1984?

I can picture it now.  The SAS storms into the next NANOG convention
citing "national security" as their reason because we happen to be
discussing ways to encrypt data in our in-band and out-of-band management
networks.

One worse, the folks in the UK sat back and allowed your government to
take away your firearms.

I'm not saying that the US is _much_ better off but, thusfar, we still
have firearms and are allowed to use whatever encryption we damned well
please.