Re: ABOVE.NET SECURITY TRUTHS?

  • From: Henry R. Linneweh
  • Date: Sat Apr 29 12:24:06 2000

I think it was more basic than this, I watch patterns of events over
months and sometimes years, there have been some occurrences
of transitory attack and or spams through above.net and I believe
that this spawned from those connections being denied transit
across above.net

I do find it possible, for the other events to have probable
cause, however being denied transit seems the more realistic
of causes to piss someone off enough to attack.

The second choice would be some aspiring 12 year old
who is feeling his oats and simply experimenting with
packet toys...

My fundamental question here is where is the directory where
all these new DDoS toyz and other forms of destruction
located at?

How are they getting to these programs?
A solution is system wide scans for code segments in
programs that spawn attacks and remove them and the
users who have them without a valid reason.

Search records for ssh, stelnet, telnet connections to
boxes other than the primary account.

Tighten up on hosted domains TOS and force Domain registrars
to cancel domains involved in criminal activity.

This is the only way to make people realize, that harming the
fabric of the network is unacceptable, irregardless of the intent
or cause.