Re: ABOVE.NET SECURITY TRUTHS?

  • From: Alec H. Peterson
  • Date: Sat Apr 29 11:28:48 2000

Alexei Roudnev wrote:

> Yes.
>
> And (I add) with priv-level.

Or with TACACS+ server-side modifications that allow you to use per-user
enable passwords (it isn't standard with the public domain server, but the
modifications are a piece of cake).

> But it's for the work from remote places - I don't thgink you'll use One Time Passwords (at least manually) for the every day
> configurations...

Don't be too sure; in a former life I did just that and it worked great
(using one-time passwords for enable access).  Sure people complained for a
while, but once everybody gets used to it it's not a big deal.

Alec

--
Alec H. Peterson - [email protected]
Staff Scientist