RE: ABOVE.NET SECURITY TRUTHS?

  • From: Roeland Meyer (E-mail)
  • Date: Fri Apr 28 18:30:01 2000

For a long time, the reason was US export restrictions. Those have only recently been lifted, but not lifted completely. The penalties still have enough teeth in them to make roll-out more than a bit touchy. I'm actually surprised to hear that SSH is out already, in IOS v12.x. Since I play almost exclusively with Cat 6509's and 3512/24 XL's I haven't seen it, or maybe I wasn't looking.