RE: ABOVE.NET SECURITY TRUTHS?

  • From: Mr. James W. Laferriere
  • Date: Fri Apr 28 17:50:08 2000

	Hello Dylan,  Knew this was coming .  But I'd hoped that
	the supported platforms would have been a little larger .
	Just the 7200 & UP .  Seems cisco thinks ssh puts a bit
	of load on a cpu ?  I can't see that for just a terminal
	session though .  Twyl,  JimL

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Greene, Dylan wrote:
> Maybe I should read the entire message before responding.. hehe.. =)
> A switched private management lan resolves the cleartext problem.
> SSH version 1 is apparently supported in 12.0 as well (never played w/ it,
> so dunno how well it works);
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120
> limit/120s/120s5/sshv1.htm
> ..Dylan

       | James   W.   Laferriere | System  Techniques | Give me VMS     |
       | Network        Engineer | 25416      22nd So |  Give me Linux  |
       | [email protected] | DesMoines WA 98198 |   only  on  AXP |