RE: ICQ & AOL

  • From: Roeland Meyer (E-mail)
  • Date: Fri Apr 28 14:59:49 2000

I can't believe all the hate-mail I just got for this. I must have hit a real nerve. It was a sarcastic comment, folks in EDU are seriously humor impaired. Doesn't anyone know what <grin>s are anymore?

What I meant was that blocking entire RIR block is the same as blocking entire TLDs, equally counter-productive. It may be effective, but it is also tossing out babies with the bathwater. Cutting your Internet feed is equally effective. I don't think that anyone here will do that in the near-future.

Even blocking large SLDs is questionable.