Re: ICQ & AOL

  • From: Omachonu Ogali
  • Date: Fri Apr 28 12:09:50 2000

So pretty much, you wish to create many different Internet 'islands' by
isolating networks that are assigned address space from APNIC and RIPE?

By doing so you threaten e-commerce and the businesses of many who receive
their international customers via the Internet and yet this is effective.

As communication overseas advances in the physical world, you'd further
hinder the advancement of the Internet, give ISP's no other choice than
cutting their many trans-Atlantic fiber links, and those who wish to keep
their links up have to rely on the other side to not be angered and pull
the plug on their side, yet this is effective.

Take a look at Attrition.org's defacement archive, the majority of the
defacers are from the United States, and a lesser crowd from APNIC/RIPE
networks, I can't speak on credit card fraud, but should we in turn go
around segregating the ARIN networks due to internal misuse, would that be
'effective' to you?