Re: DSL problems (PacBell and Covad)

  • From: John Hall
  • Date: Fri Apr 28 00:49:10 2000

Yikes!  And I thought out US West service was bad!  US(eless) West is
notorious for DLS service that stays up while the phone line is
down!  It's happened to me three times for a total of 78 hours!  The
great thing is that they allow only "certified" technicians to touch
these circuits, so even if the tech at the CO can see that the phone
line has been cut on the telco side of the DSL modem at the CO, he
can't touch it!  And of course all the "certified" techs only work
9am-4pm weekdays (at least the residential DSL ones).

Once when I got through to their tech. support call center, the guy
on the phone was almost in tears, he'd had to tell that to so many
pissed off customers.

I've been trying to figure out if I can call everyone I want
to via the Internet, maybe I don't need that voice line at all... ;-)

JMH

--
John Hall <[email protected]>                                     F5 Networks, Inc.
Senior Test Engineer                                          206-505-0800

Gratitude, like love, is never a dependable international emotion.
		-- Joseph Alsop