More on Above.net

  • From: Chris Brenton
  • Date: Wed Apr 26 01:05:06 2000

Found this at:
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2555422,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews01

A couple of snippets taken out of context. Sounds like this can be fixed
through a config change:

The White Plains, N.Y.-based company is working with
the FBI to investigate the attack, and declined to give
more specific details. Vixie did say that tracking the
attacker should not be as difficult as February's
denial-of-service attacks had been. "Technically, there is
cause for hope, where in the (denial of service) case their
was no cause for hope," he said.

This attacker seemed a bit more skilled than the
cybervandals who flooded eight major Web sites in
February, Vixie added. "I would bet that this was
someone with a little more experience than the last
batch."

Vixie said that specific attack could not succeed again.
"We plugged the hole that has allowed it to happen," he
said.