RE: WINS Proxy vs. Cisco IP Helper

  • From: Mark Persiko
  • Date: Tue Apr 25 17:16:29 2000

We use ip helper-address in our network at each
subnet and we haven't had any problems with PC's
finding the WINS servers.  It seems like a very
scalable way to handle WINS and DHCP relays.

We do get into problems with multiple NT servers
on the same subnet that all want to be master browsers,
which we resolve by hacking the NT registry to force
master browsing on only one server.

Thanks,
 Mark

- Mark C. Persiko, [email protected]
- MIS Dept, Boulder Valley Public Schools