Re: Gigabit Traffic Monitoring

  • From: k claffy
  • Date: Mon Apr 24 18:56:14 2000

fellow at niksun also pointed me to
   http://www.niksun.com/press_releases/NIKSUN_PR_ETH_GIGABIT.htm
i'll try to get those three up on the taxonomy
(narus: NT/solaris, seems to have a billing focus?
netscout: seems to be RMON2-based, with gigE support for that
niksun: freebsd-based, also a bunch of other media
	(t1,e1(ppp&fr), v.35, HSSI, normal enets (10/100), fddi,
	soon atm+pos oc3+12)), optimizations for capturing speed,
	closest to coral kind of stuff.  supposed to ship june 2000.
)
haven't used any of them, if others want their
comments in taxonomy, anonymized or not, forward to me?