RE: Network Solutions with another twist

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Sat Apr 22 11:26:25 2000

is anyone keeping track of NSI errors?

> Ken Eddings
> Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2000 2:34 PM
>
> I second that.  I've been dealing with them around four years now and
> have never managed to speak to a human.

I avoid speaking to NSI support critters as much as possible and I never ask for anything "out of the box". Been doing that for five years now.

> When pushed we've had to expedite things and pay the new expediting
> fee, which wouldn't have been necessary had reasonable customer
> service been available in the first place.  Seems to me the generally
> regarded poor service might be used to drive business to their
> extra-cost services.

But ... of course!<g>

> At 11:43 AM -0400 4/19/2000, Stewart Gott wrote:

> scary! Their
> >attitude seems to be if you fill out the on-line or email form to the
> >computer's satisfaction, and the computer accepts and
> processes it, fine,
> >otherwise they have absolutely no clue how to help you, how to change
> >anything, how to update anything, it really is pathetic!

Agreed, this seems to be the standard. Note that Verisign is almost as bad. We went to self-signed certs, a long time ago, because we were tired of getting raped there as well. Now that Verisgn has bought NSI, I expect no improvement in service. They probably still won't be able to get Guardian running right.