Re: The latest nasty tactics from NSI

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sat Apr 15 22:50:39 2000

Universal Rundle wrote:

> OK, speaking on basis of confidentiality.

Then WHY in $DEITY's name did you post to a public, archived mailing
list?

> The three main objectionables for the new contract are 1) the partner is
> forbidden from saying anything "disparaging" about NSI or its services,

That's typical of the arrogant fsckheads I've dealt with at NSI, some of
whom are in upper-level management (hello, Mr. Holtzman). The only
person
I've dealt with with any decent clue level is Lauren Nowlin, and she's
gone (and she wasn't in management either, if I recall correctly).

> 2) the partner is forbidden from using any alternate registrar for more than
> 5% of its monthly registrations, and 3) the partner guarantees to NSI that
> the domain will be paid for, and if it's not, the partner has to pay the $6
> registry fee, plus a $12.50 "processing fee".  So partners are on the hook
> for how reliable their customers are, with a penalty fee no less.

So use someone else. I don't see what the issue is here.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH
http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net

"Never attribute to malice events more properly attributed to corporate
greed." --Me, March 28th, 2000