Re: NSI's registrar db hacked

  • From: Steve Gibbard
  • Date: Thu Apr 13 16:11:01 2000

I modified my NSI contact handle last week.  I sent in the modification
template from an address other than what was listed on the contact record,
expecting to get something sent to the listed address asking me to ack the
change, but instead the change just went right through.  The mail from
authentication was never very secure, as it would accept whatever was on
the From: line as suitable authentication, but this seemed even worse than
usual.

I can't say this domain hijacking surprises me much.

-Steve

--
Steve Gibbard
WWNet System Administration