RE: Policies: Routing a subset of another ISP's address block

  • From: Dmitri Krioukov
  • Date: Fri Apr 07 20:52:39 2000

it does generate inconsistent origin as'es and it does break
path filters, but not only. it breaks all the tools/methods
based on the uniqueness of the route->origin-as mapping. i'm
looking for a more or less complete list of these tools/methods.

it seems, though, that the inconsistent-as list is growing and
this doesn't produce too much panic.

and if you examine this list more closely, you'll notice that it
looks like the major part of it is generated by the isps doing
the aforementioned trick.
--
dima.