RE: Policies: Routing a subset of another ISP's address block

  • From: Dmitri Krioukov
  • Date: Fri Apr 07 16:22:48 2000

this is interesting (since it overwrites the rule that multihoming to two
isps requires a public asn assignment) and i've tested exactly this scenario
(again, a customer uses some private asn and is peering with two isps;
both of them strip this asn at their boundaries (remove-private-as))
in my lab before and it worked fine. it results in propagating routes to
the same networks with two distinct as path attributes, though. i've been
looking for any operational experience with this setup. so, do you claim
that you couldn't detect *any* problems with this setup?
--
dima.