Leaving ARIN

  • From: Kim Hubbard
  • Date: Thu Apr 06 15:39:33 2000

As announced this week at the ARIN Public Policy Meeting, I have decided to
resign as President of the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN).

While I have greatly enjoyed my time with ARIN and continue to believe in
and support ARIN's goals, I feel it is time for me personally to make a change.

We hope to find a replacement by mid-June, however, I want to make sure the
transition to a new president is as smooth as possible and will do whatever
is necessary to ensure this.

We have hired an Executive Search firm to help us in our search.  If you
know of anyone you think may be appropriate for this position please have
them go to http://www.arin.net/arin/employ.htm for more information.

I want to take this opportunity to thank each of you who have given me your
support and encouragement.  Over the years, I have made many friends
through my work and have had some great times with many of you at NANOG,
IETF and ARIN meetings.  I will treasure those memories always.  I don't
have any specific plans as yet, other than taking a long vacation this
summer, but I do plan to keep up with ARIN activities so hopefully I'll see
you around :-)

Take care,
Kim Hubbard
ARIN