Re: Community advertisement

  • From: Yu Ning
  • Date: Tue Apr 04 11:30:12 2000

Hi,

If i understand your lines correctly, i think Verio's community policy
meets your requirements.

>From Verio's customer pages, you can not only find instruction on how
the customer should tag their routes via community to signal Verio of
different routes, but also find that what Verio gonna send to their
customers (i suppose it will do to their peers.)

See Verio site for more detail: http://info.us.bb.verio.net/routing.html

What's more, just a following of your comminuty-and-control problem. Do
you think it a little dangerous - that let your downstream/peer that control
your egress traffic via this community&local_pref intereaction ? I
believe an NSP would prefer to control both inbound and outbound traffic,
or at least otbound traffic. That maybe the reason that the community policy
is not a widely practice.

reagrds,

Yu Ning

(Mr.) Yu Ning