Re: Community advertisement

  • From: Mark Prior
  • Date: Tue Apr 04 08:45:47 2000

      What would actually be interesting to me would be full tables w/ that
     customer list tagged as a separate community.  It isn't difficult to config,
     does anyone know if this is actually offered by any providers?  If not, why
     not?  It would be very helpful to know which routes stay on a single
     backbone, and which traverse peering links, etc..  The partial tables
     provide this, but there are situations where one wants to route other
     traffic to that provider, so a full table is necessary (default won't really
     work if you've got advertisements from other providers you _don't_ want to
     send that traffic to.)

      I'd be interested to hear if others are doing anything similar to this,
     have requested it, etc. The standard community offering I've seen from
     anyone are the MED like 'set local_pref on our backbone' tags which helps
     direct inbound traffic, but there is little available for outbound.

Not any help to you (unless you are in Oz :-) but we offer it and it's
not particularly hard to do.

Mark.