peering wars revisited? PSI vs Exodus

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Mon Apr 03 21:43:08 2000

surprised not to see this mentioned on NANOG

Sent:	Friday, March 31, 2000
To:	Notify
Subject:	Exodus Customer Confidential Communication

Exodus Customer Confidential Communication

Dear Exodus Customer,

Exodus has been notified that PSI will be disconnecting the DS3
connections that are in place between our networks at midnight PST Friday
3/31. At the time of the disconnect all connectivity to PSI networks will
be lost. This decision and action is being made unilaterally by PSINet and
against the request of Exodus. We continue to hope that PSI will work with
us. However, we are working on alternate methods of connectivity to PSI at
this time and hope to have a solution in place that will minimize the
impact to our customers.

As always, should you have any questions please feel free to contact our
National Response Center at 1-877-393-7878.

Respectfully,
Exodus Communications, Inc.
"The Internet Data Center Company"
Web: http://www.exodus.net

is this a replay of Exodus vs BBN?

suppose you are a big dot com web site in an exodus data center and you are akamaized. are you going to notice a significant slow down in getting to PSI? I wouldn't think much....but if you aren't akamaized what kinds of problems do you have?

Is PSI playing hardball with anyone else besides exodus?

The COOK Report on Internet Index to 8 years of the COOK Report
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA http://cookreport.com
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) Battle for Cyberspace: How
[email protected] Crucial Technical . . . - 392 pages
just published. See http://cookreport.com/ipbattle.shtml