Re: Arlington and Fort Worth, Texas

  • From: Sam Thomas
  • Date: Thu Mar 30 11:52:32 2000

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 11:29:03AM -0600, Rodney L Caston wrote:

> There is alot of ISPs in the Dallas/FortWorth area, tho a good chunk of it
> is located centrally in one building in the downtown vicinity of Dallas,
> the infomart building seems to house backbones for Verio and the MAEs...
> hrm.. had the tornado hit that building......

...in the best case scenario, I wouldn't have internet service. worst case,
I wouldn't have a need for oxygen. building secutity made an announcement
Tuesday evening that there was a tornado warning for Dallas County, although
the only known activity was well to the south. in the event of proximity to
the 'mart, we'd have abandoned the NOC, informed the necessary folks, and
headed for underground parking to listen to the radio in my car. then,
MCIW's gear would be sucked out the windows, ending a lot of needless
suffering on the part of their customers. there are several other telcos
in the building who haven't learned to insulate their CO gear from tornados
by placing management offices around the winow perimeter.

--
Sam Thomas
Geek Mercenary