Re: Latest From Network Solutions

  • From: Chris Cappuccio
  • Date: Thu Mar 23 16:42:53 2000

I strongly hope all interested ISPs take a close look at, and implement
OpenSRS (www.opensrs.org), which allows you to become a domain reseller of
Tucows.

This is currently the best way to "strike back" at Network Solutions.

OpenSRS gives you CGI software for a registration interface, and a separate
management interface, which customers can login to, and change the contact
info in real time!!  No sloppy garbage email interface, no $30 charge.  And
it's way less expensive ($10/year/domain).

The only thing NetSol has going for it is the fact that is has been there so
long.  Everything else about it stinks and we all know it!!!!!! (Thanks to
Tucows for helping create this alternative....)

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Derek J. Balling wrote:

 | I needed to make some NIC changes today (updating contact info), and was
 | told that if I wanted it done "soon", I should pay them $30 or some such
 | for their "express service", where they guarantee that someone will handle
 | the request in one business day. Otherwise, it "could take over a week to
 | get done."
 |
 | And they wonder why people don't bother to keep their whois info up to date? :)

---
Reverend Chris Cappuccio
http://www.dqc.org/~chris/