Sprint routing issues

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Wed Mar 22 23:41:07 2000

Is it just me or is Sprint having issues tonight?  I noticed some routing
problems getting to C&W hosted sites via Sprint.  When I tried to go to
www.sprint.net, I couldn't resolve it.  According to F, sprint.net's NS's
are:

NS1-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.net.  2D IN A  206.228.179.10
NS2-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.net.  2D IN A  144.228.254.10
NS3-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.net.  2D IN A  144.228.255.10

These are all currently unreachable from our site (directly connected to
Sprint and UUNet) and multiple offsite locations on other backbones.

If I traceroute from atlantic.net (goes out via Sprint) to my own site
(www.lewis.org) hosted off a C&W T1, I get 2 hops into C&W, and then
nothing.  If I trace from www.lewis.org to atlantic.net, I get 2 hops into
Sprint, and then nothing.

Before anyone asks...yes, I did call Sprint and run this all by them...and
they opened a ticket...but the fact that seemed more interested in doing
intrusive testing on our T3 than looking at their own network didn't
instill much confidence.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________