Re: Alternative to BGP-4 for multihoming?

  • From: k claffy
  • Date: Wed Mar 15 16:33:14 2000

if you're into available src code
might want to also look at

	http://www.caida.org/Tools/taxsum.html#clink
	(allan downey)
	http://www.caida.org/Tools/taxsum.html#pchar
	(bruce mah)

and other stuff on
	http://www.caida.org/Tools/taxonomy.html
under "Internet Throughput"

  	Hello Andrew ,  Have you heard from anyone (hopefully Mr.
  	Van Jacobson) when they/he may release the sources to this
  	tool ?  All of the emails to the suggested (which I forget)
  	comments/suggestions address go unanswered & afaict unseen .
  	I am hoping someone may have heard something .  Tia, JimL

  On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Andrew Bender wrote:
  > Gary E. Miller wrote:
  > > And I sure hope that HOP count is not used, Singapore has a
  > > mixture of very fast and very slow links to foreign countries
  > > so hop count is a useless measure of "closeness".
  >
  > Quite possibly, if used by itself. Dr. Jacobsen's method
  > (http://www.caida.org/Pathchar) is a proven strategy that could
  > provide some relief here, but may be impractical interactively.
  > Then again, isn't any interactive measurement going to be
  > impractical?
  >
  > Andrew Bender
  > tns-inc.com

         | James   W.   Laferriere | System  Techniques | Give me VMS     |
         | Network        Engineer | 25416      22nd So |  Give me Linux  |
         | [email protected] | DesMoines WA 98198 |   only  on  AXP |