Re: San Jose Telephone Problems 3/10-3/17

  • From: Charles Sprickman
  • Date: Tue Mar 14 14:41:33 2000

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Dan Bustillos - Datalink Computer Services wrote:
> > " Pac bell is also the victim here. We did not cause this. It was a
> > private contractor that caused this ACCIDENT" At the point he said
> > accident it sounded like he was getting ready to start yelling at the
> > reporter.
>
> Who needs script kiddies when you have backhoes?

How about script kiddies with backhoes?  Never underestimate social
engineering. I can see it now, the 'backhoe-vuln' mailing list, a BCP
detailing how to secure the keys to your backhoe, security advisories from
Caterpillar, DBDoS (many teenagers hotwiring backhoes at construction
sites in the middle of the night)...

Charles