Re: San Jose Telephone Problems 3/10-3/17

  • From: Dan Bustillos - Datalink Computer Services
  • Date: Tue Mar 14 12:07:11 2000

Sean/list,

 I was watching the news this morning re: This issue. A Pacbell spokesman
was talking to a reporter and here is what he had to say ( My memory is a
bit foggy)

" Pac bell is also the victim here. We did not cause this. It was a
private contractor that caused this ACCIDENT" At the point he said
accident it sounded like he was getting ready to start yelling at the
reporter.

 I just thought you all might find this funny.. Please no flames!

PS: I am going to Vancouver BC on Thursday for a week. Anyone know
anything fun to do in the area?

Sean Donelan allegedly stated on 3/13/00 19:28:

>I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with me moving to
>the San Jose area :-)
>
>On friday a contractor cut four major Pacific Bell cables.  About
>11,000 circuits were affected.  The affected area is roughly bordered
>by Interstate Highways 880 and 680 and Trimble and Berryessa roads.
>Pacific Bell estimates it won't have the cables repaired until Friday
>March 17.
>
>One cable I can understand.  Two cables, ok you didn't realize the first
>strange noise was a cable.  Three cables, accidents come in threes.  Four
>cables?

Thank you,

Dan Bustillos
Datalink Computer Services
(530) 897-6400
(888) 327-4638
"First rule of Government Spending: Why build one when you can build two
at twice the price"