San Jose Telephone Problems 3/10-3/17

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Mon Mar 13 22:34:45 2000

I'm sure this has absolutely nothing to do with me moving to
the San Jose area :-)

On friday a contractor cut four major Pacific Bell cables.  About
11,000 circuits were affected.  The affected area is roughly bordered
by Interstate Highways 880 and 680 and Trimble and Berryessa roads.
Pacific Bell estimates it won't have the cables repaired until Friday
March 17.

One cable I can understand.  Two cables, ok you didn't realize the first
strange noise was a cable.  Three cables, accidents come in threes.  Four
cables?