Re: Network Probes

  • From: Scott McGrath
  • Date: Thu Mar 09 18:02:14 2000

I cannot find anything in the literature about this attack method, As a
WILD guess
it is a mutation of one of the DDOS tools with new ports. but this
underscores the importance of martian filters on border routers and also
filtering outbounds
so that spoofed addresses cannot leave your border routers.  Cisco also has
an
obscure command to verify the path but it drops the router into process
switch mode
as I recall,  If I am wrong please correct

Scott