Re: Napster and others...

  • From: Scott McGrath
  • Date: Tue Mar 07 14:40:42 2000

As a member of the dreaded 'Corporate America' and a end user I need to block it
for now because of
1 excessive b/w usage.

2. "Mr J. Random Engineer did you knowingly allow a service to enter your
premises which allowed my clients intellectual property to be infringed yes or
no?"

We need a system which allows "internet radio" for legitimate content and allows
us to control bandwidth usage on end-user networks.

The common carriers have an entirely different set of needs and to keep their
common carrier exemption they cannot do anything about "excessive traffic"
besides if your customers want more of your product (bandwidth) more power
to them assuming of course that you have a method to charge for it!