Re: show interface switch

  • From: Jamie Byrne
  • Date: Wed Mar 01 07:55:29 2000

>There are two commands (undocumented even in 12.0):
>
>   'show int switching'  <---switching MUST BE SPELLED OUT
>   'show int s'          <---provides a summary form of the above
>
>If the latter is an abbreviation for something, I don't know what it
>is.

The "s" in your second command is short for stats.  It doesn't look like
this command is referenced in cisco's IOS Essentials doc that was mentioned
earlier.  That just shows the 'show interface switching' command.

routerA#show interface stats
FastEthernet0/1/0
          Switching path    Pkts In   Chars In   Pkts Out  Chars Out
               Processor     207745   14075132     270885   21915788
             Route cache          0          0          0          0
       Distributed cache         93       9729          0          0
                   Total     207838   14084861     270885   21915788

Jamie Byrne