RE: Need routing engineer from Verio

  • From: David Diaz
  • Date: Sun Feb 27 20:42:10 2000

Well it's happened again. It was easy to see this one coming. I think we all know when and what we should post. It's important to try and email and yes even a PHONE call the the repective NOC. That is why we have them 24x7 with lots of fancy screen.

What I think is import for the new engineers is to have a list of those phone numbers handy. Lauren Nowlin was nice enough to import her list of every noc into my Palm. I think it would be wonderfully useful to make such a Palm list public so every engineer can have it handy everywhere they are.

Backbone web sites dont always do a job of making the number easy to find. Not to mention when we experience an outage with that backbone we cant reach the web page.

Just wanted to turn something negative into a possible positive. For the record Randy responded within minutes. Impressive.

dd