Re: DDOS Roadmap from SANS...

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Thu Feb 24 14:07:24 2000

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:50:39 EST, Paul Ferguson said:
> At 01:17 PM 02/24/2000 -0500, [email protected] wrote:
>
> >Nothing in here should come as a surprise to anybody on this list, but...
> >
> >http://www.sans.org/ddos_roadmap.htm
>
> It would have been nice if they actually referred
> to "ingress filtering" by including the proper
> document reference -- RFC2267.

Well Paul, I picked up on that, and made Randy put a specific
reference in what we shipped back to SANS.  They also lost my
citations of rfcs 2196 and 2350 under Incident Response, but at least
they did keep the rfc2644 reference.

All I can say is (a) it's a living document, so hopefully we'll turn
the crank and fix a lot of that stuff up in the next version,
and (b) as it stands, it's a lot better than the *first* draft we
got hold of. ;)

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst