Re: Alternatives (was Re: whois broke again?)

  • From: Alex Bligh
  • Date: Tue Feb 22 16:13:09 2000

> > people posting opinions of why has what legal rights in this area would help
> > others understand those opinions if they told us if they are lawyers versed
> > in the subject.
>
> You don't have to be a lawyer to espouse an opinion.

I believe Randy was being unusually polite and/or reticent ( :-) ) and
what he actually meant was you have to be a lawyer or other form
of attributed expert for some people to want to listen to the
opinions you espouse if posted here. That would certainly be my take.
This is why successful companies pay large amounts of $ to lawyers
rather than take their legal advice from public mailing lists.

--
Alex Bligh
VP Core Network, Concentric Network Corporation