Re: missing commands in Cisco IOS

  • From: Danny McPherson
  • Date: Tue Feb 22 14:55:33 2000

> I found that some features (namely, MBGP) are not moved from the 11.1CC
> train to the main 12.0 train; and you will need 12.0T for them.  :-)

I beleive you're confused here, though this thread is defintely more
appropriate for the Cisco NSP list.

> (When will software/hardware implementations be fast enough to build an
> [I|routing]OS that is modular - so you can add the features you want
> without having to load all the crap you will never need?  The question
> itself may be moot, since no technical support group could provide service
> for such a wide variety of installed systems... *sigh*.  )

This is clearly a vendor/implementation issue, not an operational
or standardization body one.

FWIW, I do agree that more "non-monolithic" approaches will provide better
reliability, as do _many other folks.

-danny