Re: missing commands in Cisco IOS

  • From: Andy McConnell
  • Date: Tue Feb 22 14:41:20 2000

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Stephen Sprunk wrote:

> 11.2P is not a superset of 11.1CC.  Check out the IOS roadmap for a
> depiction of the evolution of IOS:
>
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/620/roadmap.shtml
>
> The first place 11.2 and 11.1CC come together is 12.0.  Since the commands
> you're looking for appear to be added in 11.1CC, your downstream probably
> needs to run 12.0.

I found that some features (namely, MBGP) are not moved from the 11.1CC
train to the main 12.0 train; and you will need 12.0T for them.  :-)

-Andy

(When will software/hardware implementations be fast enough to build an
[I|routing]OS that is modular - so you can add the features you want
without having to load all the crap you will never need?  The question
itself may be moot, since no technical support group could provide service
for such a wide variety of installed systems... *sigh*.  )

--
Andy McConnell	[email protected]

Always try to do things in chronological order; it's less
confusing that way.