Re: Alternatives (was Re: whois broke again?)

  • From: John R. Levine
  • Date: Mon Feb 21 22:14:07 2000
  • Newsgroups: local.nanog

>people posting opinions of why has what legal rights in this area would help
>others understand those opinions if they told us if they are lawyers versed
>in the subject.

IANAL but that wouldn't stop me from pointing out that in reality
nobody has the faintest idea what the legal status of WHOIS data is
since the precedents are murky (does Feist apply? I dunno) and there
is as far as I know no case law yet.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
[email protected], Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,